Central Plateau, North Island

Central Plateau, North Island
View from a friend's farm

Saturday 10 September 2016

Thank you, Thank you .

 

So many thanks to you all for lovely caring words, the love, support and  good wishes from across the oceans have meant so much to me.  Every  comment or email lifted my heart and soul, and probably my tired body too. I haven’t replied to each of you,  and know there are no adequate words to say thank you all over again.

Thank You.

I have had one more trip,  last Wednesday, also in the yellow and green van, and this time had a contrast dye scan, the Dr told me very quietly he was looking for an abscess on a kidney!!!  No wonder the IV  line went in very fast, and some fancy juice took the pain away!!! Will you do it in the morning? I asked, as it was then quite late in the day? No, right now!!! They wheeled me down, I  slid slowly  onto the narrow, HARD bed, moved forward  into the tunnel,  obeyed  the remote voice instructions “ Breathe in, stop breathing, you can breathe now”, then in went the dye, and another scan.

All is clear, nothing serious anywhere.  Just a hiccup with the internal  digestive  and elimination system after lots of antibiotics.So glad they didn’t look into my brain. I am  immensely  thankful to all the staff, nurses, cleaners, the ladies who bring the meals, and coffee, and the doctors, specially Dr ??? who stayed in the room to make sure the contrast dye went into the IV line properly, then left quickly, well I guess he did, I couldn’t see very much, as I had my eyes shut tightly!!! A Brave Man !!!

The secret sewing, my dear friend Heather had her birthday this week, and when she came to visit, I had to make sure it was hidden. I made the bag, Joyce did that fantastic embroidery, with Heather’s initial and some extra flowers. Heather was thrilled.

Deep red,  with dark strips between each panel, the  second  photo is a better indication of the fabric colours.

Heather's Bag

and a close up of the initials and curly stems and flowers.

H for Heather on her bag

In the garden, hoop petticoat daffodils are flowering , grape hyacinths blooming, and Felicity was frolicking.

hoop Petticoat Daffodils

grape Hyacinth flowers

Felicity, September 2016

Quotation of the day, author unknown

“Travel is fun, holidays are wonderful,

but there is nothing to compare

with coming back home”

Greetings from Jean

21 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to read that you had another trip!!! So glad you are back home and hopefully beginning to feel better now. Bet Felicity was pleased to see you back! Lovely Spring flowers Jean, my grape hyacinths are just beginning to bloom.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jean! I am so glad you are feeling better now an this last time took care of your pains. The bag is really cute. The flowers are lovely and your Felicity is a cutie! Take care and have a happy weekend!

12Create said...

Sorry to hear of your recent trip and health concerns but hopefully you are on the mend now. My heart sang with your photo of the flowers as I just adore snowdrops. Beautiful. Also beautiful is the bag you made your friend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dearest Jean ~ I am so sorry you had yet another trip to the hospital, but am so glad you are back home and doing better.

Love, hugs and continued prayers for you ~ FlowerLady

TexWisGirl said...

glad your test went okay. lovely kitty cat.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think not knowing is much harder than how things turn out. I am so thankful you got caring and professional help and can set a lot of those worries aside. Please get well quickly so you can enjoy the beautiful spring flowers.

Kate said...

If your eyes weren't closed, you might have seen the cute cartoon of the little round face with pursed lips and Big cheeks, reminding you to hold your breath.
Now that spring is here, I think you need to spend some time, sitting quietly, thinking good thoughts, enjoying the nicer weather and healing. No more rides with those lovely paramedics. They don't give frequent flyer points.

Barb said...

You are lucky to have such good medical care, Jean. However, I hope this is the last trip to the hospital you need for quite awhile. No abscess is great news. I like seeing your spring flowers blooming as mine are getting nipped by frost. Heather's bag is beautiful - red, my favorite color!

KB said...

I am hoping with all my heart that this is your last time going to the hospital for a very very long time. Most of all, I hope that you're starting to feel better. Take good care of yourself.

Jim said...

What great news to receive after so many tests and queries!! Jean, you must be so relieved. I am happy for you.
Your spring flowers are beautiful as ever....I like that Daffodil variety!!

Jenn Jilks said...

You poor woman! I hope all is well. I chucked wood today. I was happy my silly sprained toe let me do this. Hubby is such a worrier!
Take care, my dear woman! We love you!

Fundy Blue said...

Another harrowing experience, Jean, but with a hiccup at the end. That's great news, and let's keep it that way!!! I'm sure that Heather was thrilled with that gorgeous bag! I'm loving seeing your spring flowers, especially with fall coming on. Have a great week! Sending you a big hug and lots of love!

Sandra Walker said...

LOL on Felicity! Cats (and dogs) get to exhibit their joy in Spring much better than us stolid humans, eh?! Dear me, not again for the hospital but sure hope all is sorted now. Beautiful bag Nancy! Such vibrant reds! And that embroidery-gorgeous!

Hannah said...

I'm sorry to hear of your trips to the hospital and ordeal, Jean, trying times, but thankful to hear of your good test results. I hope you will continue to mend and not have any more incidents. Your bag is lovely, I would be thrilled as well as your friend. I love seeing your spring flowers, going into fall can be a little depressing so I needed some future wonderful spring flowers to look forward to.

Tish Stemple said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and all seems to be well. The bag is beautiful, I love seeing all that vibrant red. And there is nothing quite like the beautiful colors of spring as it unfolds.

Terra said...

How good the test showed no problem. The bag is gorgeous and I like the daffodil, a new kind to me. Hello from California.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So sorry to hear of your recent health issues but what sweet relief to know all is clear. It is worthy of celebration(at our ages!). Meanwhile, lovely bag with beautiful stitching which I love. A new to me daffodil and so pretty. All's well that ends well.

Allie-oops Designs said...

SO so so so glad to hear all is well, nothing serious - continuing in prayer!! Love the bag for Heather, no wonder she was thrilled.

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you are okay and all seems to be well. The bag is beautiful.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

So glad to hear you are ok- I imagine the test was scary. Love the bag- it is so cute! Hope you feel better soonest!

Lori Skoog said...

I had no idea you were going through all of this. So glad you are ok and on the upswing!